After the age of forty, there is always a consistent thought lurking down the corner of one’s mind as to whether our body is taking a wholesome diet or are we drinking water regularly or are we exercising to keep ourselves fit and healthy or are we having a proper sleep schedule.
The ideas behind these thoughts directly associate with the penchant for healthy living. It is all the more essential in a stress induced environment to be vigilant about our diet charts and rigorous exercising schedules before we reach a stage where the system gets bogged down completely.
Here are a few tips for healthy living for people who are over 40 years:
1. Drink 8 to 9 glasses of water per day: We are supposed to drink as much water as we can as it replenishes the body cells with oxygen and healthy nutrients.Water also helps in rejuvenation of the entire system owing to detoxification of our body organs by flushingout toxins or wasteful substances from the body.
2. Take proper sleep: It is extremely essential to sleep for at least 8 hours a day as it helps in relaxing our body after a day-long grueling schedule. Lack of proper sleep may result in stress induced diseases like depression and general fatigue. Shelling out money for treatment may not be such a pleasant proposition in such a scenario.
3. Perform meditation: An ideal retreat after a day-long grueling schedule which calms and relaxes one’s soul and ensures that our thought process does not get disturbed under any circumstances.
4. Exercise regularly: Exercising regularly is imperative for keeping the weight related troubles at bay, regeneration of one’s cells, prevention of harmful diseases and consequently increase in life span. One is supposed to indulge in exercises that one enjoys the most and engage in sports like badminton, football, swimming, Frisbee and squash for a full body workout.
5. Eat More Fruits and vegetables: Since fruits and vegetables are a natural source of vitamins and minerals they replenish the cells with necessary quantity of nutrients and assist in keeping the body healthy and revitalized.
6. Staying away from Habits like Alcohol and smoking: Avoiding these may go a long way in maintaining optimum health as both are said to cause life threatening diseases.
7. Avoid Processed Food: Owing to heavy doses of salt and saturated fats, processed foods result in increase in cholesterol which may lead to cardiac diseases.
8. Love Yourself: Always try to build a healthy rapport with one’s own self and never feel demoralized or guilty owing to pertinent weaknesses.One should strive to transform weaknesses into strengths for a better personal growth.
9. Discard Negative People out of Your Life: One should not hang around with people who infuse negativity into our minds through destructive talks and unhealthy criticism.
10. Stop eating before you feel full: Do not overburden one’s stomach with too much of eating as it can lead to a degenerated digestive system at a later stage. In fact stop eating before you feel full.
If you follow these simple guidelines it will definitely be instrumental in providing you with a much productive and healthier lifestyle. You will not only feel better but look younger too as the popular adage goes “Forty is the new twenty now” which means that one can look twenty years younger with a healthy lifestyle.
Author Bio: Marguerite being a fitness enthusiast loves to blog on fitness and topics related to fitness. You can check out her latest post on How to lose belly fat on her website.
This web page is for information and support only and NOT a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment! Nothing on this web page should be construed as medical advice. Please check with your own physician about any information that concerns you.